Combines Harvest Tour 99

• Thread starter palouse_custom_cutter
  • Start date

palouse_custom_cutter

Dear sir; i am a custom cutter in Washington. i was wondering what you charge for your services. i currently charge by the hour , but i think I might switch to $12_acre,12 cents_ bu over 30 bu_acre, and 12 cents hauling within 15 miles. Is this close to your programIJDo you buy or lease the combinesIJ i am currently running two 9600's and an older hillside machine. What ever information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!Kirk DuggerPO Box 910Pullman,WA 99163

Combineman

custom cutter, Thats neat country there in the Paloose area. We ran the harvest for about 18 years from Okla. up to Idaho. One thing I can say about cutting rates, is that it varys from area to area. For years we cut winter wheat on just that kind of method....12-12-12 or 13-13-13. Up in Idaho, they just stare at you when you mention those rates. We cut up there for a flat rate per acer..for the combine. Then the hauling was on top of that. I guess you have to through it at your clients and explain just what it means and give example on various yeilds about what it will cost him to cut say 40 or 50 bu. wheat. I have some photos I took up around Colfax Wa. during the harvest. Again, beatiful country. Find me a trucking job up there and I might leave Nebraska for ever. CM

palouse_custom_cutter

gale; Do you have your own truckIJ i just might be able to hook you up in the palouse country

Combineman

No I don't have my own truck anymore. I used to have a few and 3 combines, but I went broke in 94. I have driven truck ever since. I pulled a refer. truck for Doug Andrus out of Idaho for a few years. Now I drive for my nieghbor who is a farmer here. He runs about 6500 ac. crop land here in SW. Nebr. and runs 7 trucks. We run 6 states. Maybe someday, I'll head up in that country and look for a good driving job. CM