Combines Deere Rotarys

OhioCCA

From what I understand, Deere, has a couple of designs out as prototypes. There are some photos on the web somewhere, but have not been able to locate the others than what is on this site. The local dealer info talks like one unit is similar to the axial flow and the other is the bi-rotor design. That design sounds the most interesting and is the one I can't find the sight which has the photos. The way they talk, Deere is going to continue the 10 Series as is and offer 2 or 3 sizes of the new machine. The largest is supposed to be a class seven which will compete with the Cat.. Good possibility of introduction at the fall shows since this is 99 and the 9000 series was introduced in 89. If someone finds or knows where the other photos on the web are, please list the sight here.

clipper

deere purchased a birotor machine and has been expirmenting with it in australia. film of this machine can be seen on Farm Show's combine video. it is a track machine and the rotor can be removed in minutes. when deere purchased the machine they agreed to market at some time but i don't know when. the concave spins at about 30 percent the speed of the rotor

MC

There are some pictures of this prototype posted on Case-IH combine talk show page. I think it they were posted on 11_12_98 by T langen.

MC

There are pictures on Case-ih talk show page posted on 11_12_98 by T langen under heading JD Protype Pics.

clipper

Here's the real story. Deere will introduce a rotary machine in Septemer of this year. They will call it longitudinal flow. They will be building a class 6 and class 7 rotary machine and will also be replacing the 9000 series with some kind of replacement walker machine. look for farm magazine adds starting in May of this year.