Combines 2388 blows away 9600 and CST

Rod

I haven't run up with a 2388 yet but have plenty of experience with 2188's and 1680's

JOHNAH

lUKE...DID THE THOUGHT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE THE 2388 HAD "POOR SETTINGS OR OPERATORS".......JUST A THOUGHT!

GONCUTN

I recently finished harvesting a canola crop that averaged 58 bushels per

johnah

With all due respect to "factory reps" ,I've never seen one that could go to the field and do what any experienced farmer could do... they don't run the darn things for a living- that's why most in our area hire farmers to demo their units at the various trade shows... I wouldn't even expect a factory rep to be a effective field demo man--solve specific problems..yes - put on a good demoIJ no.--- no matter what color... just my opinion

combine_man

I agree, I worked as a design engineer a major combine manufacturer for a couple years before giving it up for farming. Most of the engineers that work on combines couldn't run the things in the field. There were a couple people at the company where I worked that literally traveled the world to trouble shoot customer machines. These were the only guys who knew anything about running a combine in the field. All the engineers would go talk to these guys when they wanted to know how something they had in mind would work. Very few people (farmers included) know how to dial in a combine in various conditions. An Iowa farmer may be able to set a machine great in corn and beans, but how about wheatIJ canolaIJ sunflowersIJ Few people indeed can make a machine perform in any field.

frank

Try a Massey 8780 and then you won't even consider this topic at all..