Combines 6620 unloading shaft

Deerebines

BigJon.....I was an owner of a 6620 for 10 years till previously when I traded for a 9600. I never experienced any kind of trouble as you describe. I ran my 6620 to about 2200 hours before trading it. I unloaded on the go also and like I said never experienced this problem. All I ever cut was wheat and milo though. You never said but is this problem in cornIJ Perhaps that makes a difference. I don't know for sure but I honestly think you are worrying about a problem for no reason.........Good luck!!!

BigJ

Thanks for the info. We do cut some corn but don't bother with the grain cart because of the small acreage. I wasn't overly concerned with the problem but it had been in the back of my mind ever since I heard of my neighbor's troubles.

Deerebines

BigJon.......Honestly the only troubles I ever had with my machine was as follows. light made rear axle. We had to reinforce it before it broke. The air conditioner. I never could ever get that thing to seal up and hold all the refrigerant over the winter not to mention continously replacing lines. Other than that It was general maintenance. Filters, Oil changes, an occasional hydralic line, bearing, or belt. The most money I ever dumped in that machine was the 222 header when I rebuilt the wobble box and the cutting bar. That wasn't from abuse or poor engineering though. That was from use. I would suggest checking the cast holding blocks that hold the feederhouse in the c-grooves of the mainframe of the combine. We did replace those a couple times and probably because thier not greasable (something deere should of copied from massey). Also make sure your wobble box is in good shape. If you break the wobble shaft that is not cheap and neither are the bearings for the wobble box. Other than the items listed that's all I can think of for now. I hope this helped.

jk

you should only concern yourself w_ this if you have your auger cover set too wide. we had this happen in rice twice before, once on a 8820 and on a 7720.

BB

We had one problem with the shaft in question. On our titan II 6620