Combines New Deere Combine

dwu

Talked to a dealership owner recently. He said deere told them when 9000 series came out that it would take at least 7 years for them to "break-even" on the model change(randd, testing, retooling, etc.). They were told they would be selling these machines for at least 10 years. That's about here--1999. With the 10 series being minor updates, I wonder if we aren't about to see something new. This dealer swears he has heard nothing from deere about the possible sightings of a prototype in the field this year. He thinks we won't see them till 2000, but has nothing to back this up.

NCC

John Deere is in the planning stages of an articulating combine it was in a farm paper I believe it was in the FARM SHOW PAPER, ANYWAY the combine is conventional and has AWD.

40_MAN

THE NEW COMBINES THAT DEERE IS WORKING ON IS A CTS MACHINE THAT WIll WORK IN CORN AND BEANS.IT WIll HAVE A DIFFERENT CAB AND PROBABlY PlASTIC SIDE SHEETS.THEY WIll BE COMING OUT THIS YEAR OR NEXT.

pdq

So, with all this talk about the Underwood's design which Deere purchased, are you saying they are not going to use itIJ It was a basic IH rotary, and the cage also rotated at a slower rpm in the same direction of the rotor. Also had a rubber belt for grain unloading, and a double elevator to the bin.

tg9610

John Deere has six new models going around this year and even a new draper header. Most models will be out by 2000. Models include conventionals and rotors.

johnah

Guys---here's the scoop----JD will introduce BOTH a new cyl machine and a rotary machine in time for harvest of 2000. The basic design will be a machine that will look VERY similar to the current CIH profile , will likely not be a bi-rotor design, will "open-up" from the side like the CIH,and have a single inclined rotor. The walker design will be the same profile except will add the familar 7720-style "dog-hse" to accommodate the walkers..... Both JD and Case will introduce major design changes for yr 2000 and it will be brawl for rotary market share... These machines have been seen,filmed and observed in harvesting ... size and capacity for both will increase substantially-- For any unanswered IJ's --sorry, no comment.

Maximizer

In regards to the new John Deere Combine, please read the book THE DREAM REAPER. This outlines exactly what Deere has purchased and is going to produce in 2000. The prototype was tested successfully this fall in Iowa in corn and soybeans. Whether Deere is going to produce a conventional also, I am unsure. CAT should have purchased the rights, but figured lexion had a better outfit.....wrong. The new combine can exceed normal combining speeds with zero loss out the back....lets anticipate the forthcoming of a new generation of unbeatable harvest machinery, and only by Deere of course!

PH

I repeat my point. Unless there is a large amount of customer interest there are NO PlANS to put the rotary technology in a combine size smaller than a 9610.