Combines Accessory mount

Bryan_Mitchell

I mount my two way radio on the location that John deere has designed to mount it, to the right and rear of the console. I have a mic bracket that I made that mounts on the right hand window frame just right of the speaker that comes out and curves up. It puts the two way mic in a real handy location straight above the two way. My mobile phone is a bag phone and I set it under the two way on the air vent. I have a external anteana mounted on the bin extension with the two way anteana I don't always have to use the external anteana, it depends on the service and if I need to take the phone out every night. I've been mounting my equipment like that in several combines over the years and have got along good. What I like is the way the coax just goes out the cab through the rubber groumet and you don't have coax running through the door. I mounted a radio for a friend in the same spot one time and he did'nt like it, I guess it's a matter of personal preference. He now mounts his two way on the front of the console and moves the cup holder over. He mounts his cell phone behind the buddy seat with the anteana running out the door. He mounts the mic clip on the console with the same mic holder I made him to hang the mic up by the right hand speaker. I like haveing the mic hanging so the mic cord is out of the way of the switches. Good luck Bryan

Deerebines

Bryan...........Well thanks for the imfo. I guess I'll go with mounting the two-way where deere suggested it to go. I have the mic clip in one of the screw holes in the am_fm radio speaker which looks as if it's going to work ok. I did do something different with the cell phone. I bought a different "hang-up" bracket which I mounted in the top of the cab near the glass with screws that will adjust any direction and then you can lock it down. Then I took two thin guage strips of steel and drilled 1_8 inch holes in them and put a bend on the ends of them. If you notice to take the top clear off of the console there are 4 screws. 3 along the outside and one under the ashtray. The two along the side facing the glass I slipped the pieces of steel in between the console and the top piece and then screwed them back together. Now I can mount the bag phone there by it's strap and the cord can reach the "hang-up" bracket just fine.