Combines Greenstar yield monitor

BOSS_351

Well I have the same on a 9610 and you can rest assured that they will measure the area harvested exactly, but you can do all those caculation's in your head!!, but I have found out that you have to set it all up to the indivudal crop that is being harvested, I have only done 500 sep hrs and I am still trying to get it right, but the dealer is going to get it right for this year. So dont beleive it is ready to just turn on and go, at least thats how we found it out here in AUSTRAlIA. But your dealer may have different info than mine, or they have used a different calibration factorIJ

OhioCCA

I wonder if you guys are getting something different than usIJ Nothing here in the states comes precalibrated. We calibrate the monitors for each crop to stay accurate or at least close. I don't think you will ever acheive true yeilds because of too many variable factors, humidity, sidehills, ect.. It's not quite an exact science yet, but it is close enough to provide some interesting information that allows a person to make some better management calls.

chase

We started out with 2 brand new 9610's last year with the greenstar's. After working with them for 30 days, and yes even the factory boys helped, we took the junk s.o.b.'s off and got our money back. Yes they do give you lots of info it is just that it is wrong. Before someone says they just needed to be set, explain why JOHN DEERE just came out with new improved ones.

bh

I think the dark display is a fairly common occurance on older units from what I've been told. I'm going to try and change the angle on mine so I can see it better. Mine is darker at startup, but gets a little better after a few minutes. The fan speed sensor on my 9610 is on the RH side of the fan shaft. Gotta get down in there to see it. BH

mech1

push and hold the contrast button on the very top of display and also on the setup button then greenstar screen and check backlight level is at 8 and day or night is switched to whatever it is

Gene9750

More likely the display bulb is out, I don't think you can fix it your self. I know they had alot of problems with the early units.