Combines What is a 9650IJ

clipper

There is a new rotary that will be out in September. Actually there will be two. A class 6 and class 7. A 9650 will be a walker machine, I think. From the pictures that I have seen the new walker machines will mostly have new skins, and may have an extra step in the walkers. I will be going to Moline in August to see the new machines at intro. When I get back I will have the details

krenzer_Farms

Thanks clipper, sounds very intresting. I will look forward to hearing your report.

clipper

A 9650 is a walker machine. A 9650STS is a rotary. STS stands for stiff or single tine seperator. There will also be a 9650 CTS rice machine

clipper

Another thing that Deere will be showcasing is their FAST system, feeder and stone trap. On Deere's rotary the beater at the top of the feeder house has a built in stone trap that does not reduce capacity. This beater will feed the rotar more efficienty than a Case. I haven't seen it yet but I think it deflects the crop material in three equal portions into the rotar which will speed feeding

Krenzer_Farms

Thanks for all the info clipper. Will the new machines have a big price increaseIJ Also I read in Successful Farming last year

clipper

The 9000T will be out in September. Cat's suit is over the way the Deere track looks. If you look at any CAT ad you will see at the bottom of the page a small trademark symbol shaped like the track of the challenger. CAT says that they have this shape patended. Patent laws are easy to get around. When Deere came out with their first bale ejecter for square balers they stressed the kick bar stroke. Deere said that if any one else wanted to come up with a bale ejecter that they would have to dribble the bale before throwing it in the wagon. The following year IH had a bale ejecter that used a belt to throw the bale. See how it works. CAT is not the first company to use rubber belts, 8N Fords also had a rubber belt option that looks just like CAT's, big wheel in rear small in front. You can rest assured that the new Deere machines will have a nice price tag espicially the 9750sts. It is a class 7 machine to compete with the big CAT. Odly enough, Deere bought CAT's combine in the early 30's, and some CAT dealers sold Deere wheel machines. Funny how time can kill a relationship

Deerebines

Also funny how deere seems to copy everything from someone first. They copied kinze's planter almost bolt for bolt and then wondered why kinze took them to court. It wasnt' any surprise with this track ordeal. I wonder how much it cost deere to buy off the judge. The maximizer's no different. look at massey's patents and then look at deere's. All deere did was refine them and give it some quality control along with operator ease and walaa. They called it a new combine. Hell the design of this one minus the cab is no different than the 20 series. Just bigger and more electric over hydralics.

Clem

I have heard a lot about these new combines JD is coming out with late this fall. I am from Bowman, N.D.

clipper

Sorry to disapoint you but the reason KINZE sued Deere was because they were not supplying them with enough units. That's right, Deere built Kinze units for them