Combines 8820 MAIN CYlINDER DRIVE BElT

l

The countershaft on an 8820 is fixed. It doesn't move rearward as say, a 4400 does. To engage an 8820 seperator, there is an idler sheave under the drive belt to tighten the belt. I have seen the idler arm and pivots get worn resulting in the idler running at an angle. This will cause the belt to try to run off, to the left side.

tstar

longfellow I have read your reply and I will get back to my machine and check this out.

Dr_Deere

I would start by checky your sheave grooves, you will be able to tell by sliding you finger down the groove. Next I would make sure your belt guides on the engine powershaft and on the primary are set as close as they can be without touching the sheaves. Then make sure you leave it engauged for as much as possible the first 8-10 hours of operation, this is a break in period. Most of the time it will slap and jump around if you don't. You might also check to make sure the handle snaps over when you engauge the seperator, if it doesn't there is a turn buckle under the idler wher you can tighten it up. I hope this will help ya.