Combines Macdon header

• Thread starter Palouse_custom_cutter
  • Start date

Palouse_custom_cutter

Tony: I am wondering about the MacDon as well. Take a look at www.agonline.com go to machinery talk and scroll down the discussions until you see my discussion " Mac Don Draper on 9600"

deeredriver

We ran one on a 9600 for 14 yrs never had to add weight.

deeredriver

We ran one on a 9600 for 14 yrs never had to add weight.

Case_Farmer

Not sure but we are about in the same spot you are we want a 36ft head for a 05 2388 AFX Combine hopefully we will get it i doubt you'll need to add weight would like to know if you plan on putting on a auger extension

kip

I don't think I will need an auger extension. The 36' heads are not centered on the combine. More of the head is off to the right. It's designed this way so you don't need a longer auger. If you have the MacDon brochure, look at page 6 and 7. It shows how the head sticks out farther to the right.

hop_a_l

We run 12-20 corn head on our 9600 with out any problem, but our 30' flex draper weighs less and had a harder time picking it up because it sets out away from the feeder house farther. If you don't have a corn machine then you need to get the big cylinders for the feeder house or you will never lift a 36'. They are about $1,100 for the pair last fall. Made all the difference in the world for picking up our head. The other thing is if you are cutting mainly soy beans then you don't need the transport package. The PTO shaft on the left side gets in the way when its in storage postion. We never even took ours to the feild with the transport. Sold it back to the Dealer and bought a hdr trailer. Email me if you have more IJ's maybe I can help. We are buying a 36' this yr also.

redman

Put auger extension on 04 2388 with 36ft and it worked really well. Would be tight dumping on the go without it.

dakota

We have 36'MacDons and twelve row corn heads on our walker machines. Never had any extra weight on the combines, not even fluid in the rear tires. You don't need the heavier lift cylinders for a MacDon either. Even on twelve row corn heads we sometimes get by with the smaller lift cylinder, but it's inconvenient. Our unloading augers don't reach to the middle of the grain cart, so we just don't heap it up that much.

hop_a_l

For the Flex Draper you have to have the bigger cylinders because they weigh more. Been there last year and it did not work with a 30' flex draper had to get the larger cylinders.

rosco

One of my neighbours is running a '36 foot honeybee and don't have the heavy duty lift cylinders. But he did have to turn up the pump pressure(i think) to be able to lift the heavy HB head. Macdons are a little lighter. I just traded for a 9610 and my old 25' macdon is a little small. I see a lot of 36' macdons in auctions this spring in Sask. Maybe get one cheap. Also, I would put the auger extension kit into your unload auger to make it a 20' Just peace of mind and a lot easier to dump in the dark.