Combines contour master

VA

I have a countour master on my 9600. The manual switch works great ! The ultrasonic sensors are a joke, they read off everthing but the ground, milo leaves, weeds, green wheat straw ,etc. I would still recommend it, but plan on using manually. VA

WOT

Contour Master works great with wide tables even on fairly level ground, with as much no-till around these days, more fields have the odd low spot which the tires always find. Although running in automatic is better because damage to the feederhouse can occur if you do not it and are running heavy down pressure. Some say poorer feeding is noticed since drum to auger distance is greater.

bm

It's definately worthwhile. look for this option to be standard on all makes of combines before long. Depending on what year heads you have, you may have to spend some money to get them to convert to Contour Master.

dakota

Have you ever thought about a MacDon 962 harvest headerIJ It doesn't need contour master, because of its suspension. You will cut 6 foot more wheat at the same ground speed you're doing now with your 930, and for transport purposes you can pull it behind your combine on its own wheels. On top of this, MacDon has a class act harvest support during the season along th wheat belt.

Turk

I leased a 9750 with contour master this summer and I had a 960 36' MacDon on it. I liked the set up especially for cutting out terraces. I didn't like it that much for trying to cut over terraces, it seemed to work too slow. I could cut over terraces if I slowed down and gave it time to work. Another thing I liked about it was on the road you could get over the top of alot of obstacles by tilting the header. I could get to every farm without taking off the header. I don't know how much the option costs, but there are some advantages. It depends if your head has the telescoping driveshafts with U-joints or not. I think it costs about $1200 to convert an old header. There are aftermarket adapters for old heads to new combines without contour master.

bh

Have you tried re-centering, releveling it, or whatever the manual calls itIJ There's some combination of button pushing that tells it that it's level.

trun

I have not been able to find anything in the tech manual about that or this particular problem. My dealer doesn't have much knowledge on them mostly side hill

bh

For your reference the procedure for leveling in my manual is: 1. Raise header so both sides are clear of the ground. 2. Turn contour master auto switch to off. 3. Turn header switch on. 4. While holding header raise switch down, turn auto contour master switch on. I hope I remembered this right. To be honest mine is doing the same thing plus the right side is creeping up while cutting and haven't been able to cure it yet either, so let me know if you solve your problem and what finally fixed it. Thanks, BH

trun

I found that info in the owners manual. THANKS, I did this and 100 acres of beans later it is still working fine. (Never had to do that before)Just depends what angle it is when you turn the contour switch on the first time.Thanks Again JR