Combines keeping mice out of combines

farny

Moth-balls, nasty smell in the summer when you climb in the first time, but better than opening the cab door to chewed up everything!!!! Scatter plenty, I use probably half a box in my 9500 cab! We also have a few mouse-killers in the shop, probably more here in a few days, maybe you would like some kittens!!

erb

.....also take all the covers off stuff so they have no place to hide. EG head liners etc

farmboy

About how deep do you make the poolIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ

tj

About 6 feet deep at the deepest end, and you should back the combine in. Actually mothballs as mentioned earlier, in the shoe augers, clean grain and return auger troughs, elevators, feeder house and grain tank are probably the best solution if you can't get them poisoned before they find the machine. Question about mothballs, though. Do you gather them while the moths are still caterpillars, or do you wait until they sprout wingsIJ I'm also not that good with a knife -- do they make rubber bands that smallIJ

STRAWBOSS

MY DAD AND UNClE PUT HEDGE APPlES IN EVERYTHING THEY HAVE AND lEAVE DOORS, ETC OPEN. IT lOOKS FUNNY, BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK AND THEY DON'T STINK lIKE MOTH BAllS.

buffy

what works for me is 2ft tall heating duct work that is used in houses. placed around the whole machine gives the mice no place to climb up since the tin is to slick for them to climb up and onto the tires and into my cab. also a product called Fresh Cab. same concept as moth balls,but smells alot better and works the same way, mice don't like it.

exgreendealer

Mice are bad news. I'm not sure what machine you are running, but if it is the older John Deere

MostlyGreen

Moth Balls have worked pretty-good for me so far. Take 4 pair of nylons, place an ample supply of moth balls in each stocking, tie each pair together and drape them over each tire; - works slick!