Combines H p in V 8 Diesal

Todd

Found the problem, the timing was off by 12 degrees. Wasn't the mechanics falt, the gears were misalignied from factory. Using a new 450$ timing light and having a R60 that was running right for an example helped alot. Went from 185 h.p. to 217 h.p. really made a difference. Now need a bigger platform. Did all the adjustments suggested by "Hyperharvest" that we could afford this year probably didn't hurt either.

nf

We run a '90 1680 and my uncle runs a '94 R72 with a 300hp air diesel. That motor is a piece of junk! We ran side by side for 2 whole days, start to finish and our 235hp cummins was consistently and significantly a higher capacity motor. How does that make senseIJ We could always run 1_2 mph faster than the air diesel and he had to blow out his air filter every couple passes, especially if we ran close together. The IH had no problems re. dust and just smoked that frigging Gleaner. Those air diesels are WAY over-rated and as such I'm glad that AGCO switched to Cummins. I'd hate to be in a field with a 330hp Cummins. I just wonder how they cram all that material up that tiny, long feederhouse. Still quite complicated machines. We were considering Gleaner for our next machine but not anymore.

mark

Well if you had any brains at all you would look into it a little bit more, because a gleaner has a stronger final drive, and has less grain dammage than a red piece of junk does