Combines M2 plugging

T

I once had a problem like this. I thought the slip clutch was not tight enough, I took the clutch apart and found the roll pin that holds the clutch to the shaft was broken. The clutch was slipping under heavy load. YOU WON'T SEE IT ASSEMBlED! Take it apart.

cutter

I used to have trouble with my l2. Do you have a wire grate installed over the front raddle chainIJ If not it will try and back feed, thus the stems cant get away from the beater. Jeff

John

How are your cyl. barsIJ If they are woren it will not run any green grass. Had the problem with an FKS I dressed up the bars with a hand grinder and turned them end for end and haven't pluged it in three years. good luck.

lblindsey

Check tthe auger and feeder beater fingers for retracting at the right time.If you don't have wide spaced rasp bars that would be the first thing to do,a hugh improvment over factory bars.I have much more trouble with my M2 plugging in short beans or weeds than tall, they bunch up on the cutter bar then go in all at once.To minimize this I run the reel low, back, and very fast to keep the cutter bar cleaned off. Hope this helps, congratulations on the good beans. bruce

tbran

right on and don't forget that the feeder beater may need shimming. If it does remember one MUST shim between bearing lock collar and sprocket to increase torque. Shimming the springs is the wrong thing to do.

T__langan

lblindsey - You are right on the money about the timing of the fingers on the feeder beater and header auger. But you may really want to check into putting a 3" O.D. hose behind you're cutterbar to make those beans feed better instead if piling up. Trust me, it'll make a WORlD of difference. We have fought with short beans for many, many years and plugged feeder beaters and feedehouse chains countless times each fall until this year. Read my "Hose mod testimonial" post below. Then you can slow that reel down so the cylinder does the threshing instead of that reel! ;) Take care and good luck!

Charlie

I don't recall timing of the auger and beater in the operators book. What do I need to do for thatIJ Would raising the beater helpIJ

lblindsey

T.langen , I plan to try the hose mod the first rainy day or next season, whichever comes first.Thanks for the tips, I need all the help I can get. Bruce

T__langan

Ya gotta take a Dutchman for what he means, not what he says! ;) The timing is of the finger retraction on the auger and feeder beater - perhaps the auger fingers are retracting too soon and not as efficient at moving crop to the feeder beater. There is an adjustment on the end of your head to make changes to this. There is no timing between the auger and feeder beater that needs to be done. Take care!

T__langan

On 2nd thought, you won't need to slow that reel down 'cause you'll be burning through those short beans and will need that reel hummin' to keep up! We just finished beans yesterday and since installing the 3" hose, we plugged the feederhouse only once - and that was because the reel had been raised in some taller beans and forgot to lower it when he got to shorter ones to sweep the hose clean. Chief Combine Operator nearly has bed sores on his behind from seldom having to leave the seat! If you are still having trouble, it would be well worth the downtime on a nice day to get a hose on that head. Good luck!