Combines Repower

Jim

What would be wrong with sticking in a Cummins re-man l-10IJIJ

Nate

Please tell me more about it. What size Cummins are you running in them. How much does it cost. My brother just purchased an N6 and is thinking of putting a Cummins in his combine.

John

Is this the 270hp motor out of the R62 or the smaller one out of the R52IJ What is the price on your kitIJ

t_leslie

i saw post about repowering from deutz to someting else. i notice the date is very old and you probaly have already done something by now but this is my 2 cents worth. I am a dealer and i am faceing the very same problem I have a customer with an early r62 with the big BFl813 v8 that went very far south. This is the first major problem we have ever had with a deutz engine. I ve talked to some other dealers most have not had a major problem ( by the way they are very good engines) On dealer had repowerd an r70 with a cummins he got from a out fit somewher near louisville ky. (i think, i'll try to find my notes if you are interested) I spoke to the guy in ky. and he seemd to know alot about how to do it, he said he had done a couple hundred combines over the years. the dealer that told me about him said it cost about 20k +_- a couple k. the man in ky told me if i ordered the kit from him he would also supply me with a list of part that i would have to order from agco to make the change over.

hyper_diesel

I THINK YOU WOUlD BE BETTER OFF REBUIlDING THE DEUTZ OR A CUMMINS. I BElIVE THE FUEl ECOMONY WOUlD BE BETTER ON THE DEUTZ OR THE CUMMINS THAN THE CAT JUSTIN

gleaner1

the deutz v-8 is not a very good engine for fuel consumption. The cat is way better.