Combines Am I nutsIJ

tom

No, you're not completely nuts. I like the Air Diesel in my R60--no daily radaitor cleaning. That's a big plus for a guy who has allergies. So far, the only maintenance I have done is blow out the fins once a year. As I recall, my l2 could have used more power in 200 bu corn going up a hill. Frankly, it looks to me like a big job, a very big job. Tom Russell

Tom

Try the salvage yards but they are most likely hard to find. You might need a big shoehorn if you get a V8. Good luck.

Hyper_Harvest

The cummins 5.9BTA. engine is compact and has slightly more torque,power(175-225hp.) is reliable and widely available.It is used in smaller caseih tractors and many pickups,starts anytime and has low fuel consumpsion.Check the yards and the hi plains journal truck section.I'd think resale would be higher also with the cummins, also parts and service would be more available.Price($3500-$6500IJIJ) Id guess. Good luck !Hyper

john_keller

I would suggest a Cummins. Contact Everret Hunley, in Austin, IN - Hunley Sales and Service for a quote. He has experience with both Deutz and Cummins conversions