Combines R50 Air diesel cooling

Scott

Ed, you have a good engine. I am currently trying to sell my R70 with the deutz but it is not because of the engine. Harvesting is my second job, I have a sucessful chirpractic practice and thought this would be a good stress releiver, NOT. The cooling problem is probably because of the restrictions due to the dust and chaff. You need to take to coolers off the top of the engine and clean inside real good. There are the horizontial fins you will need to clean and there are some vertical fins that run through the head. These you may need to run a wire through to clean out, and clean them real good. I thought about using water and when talking to the mechanic he said "what happens when you put water and dirt together, you get MUD." The mud then packs in and is very hard to get out. Try the wire and air, and check to see if the coolers are plugged. The next thing to check is the cooling fan. If it is the same as my R70 you need to measure down 1 inch from the top of the blade and if it is greater than 3 inches than it is still OK. If less than 3 inches than it will need to be replaced. When I was looking for a combine, the deutz was a question as well for me. If you got a good one than it's life expectancy is 10,000 to 15,000 hours. The germans make'em good. ps. Check the air conditioning condensor to see if it is plugged. It will restrict the air flow to the fan, thus limiting air flow as well. Good Harvesting

Neil

I have replaced some cooling fan blades because they were worn away from the dust and what ever past over them. If the edges are knife sharp install a new blade.