Combines R62 combine

john_keller

Make sure the front 4 to 6 rows of the chaffer are set to 1_4". There is a kit to do this. Current production combines have this built in. Set the sieve in the top hole. Set the front of the concave half way between MID and MIN for threshing out whitecaps. Set back to MID for beans and corn. I have seen 2 extra lights mounted on the mirror brackets.

Dusty

I am a little confused as to why you would mount the front of the sieve in the top holeIJ Would you not have to open the sieve up wider, to allow the grain to get down through the sieve instead of over the backIJ If a person mounted the sieve in the bottom hole, the steeper angle would allow you to close up the sieve to allow just the size of the crop that you are harvesting through. What was the purpose of Gleaner making the 4 degree slope on the chaffer and sieve in the 96 production combines, if they want the sieve up as flat as it can be anywaysIJ Just wondering. Also what about this Cylinder Bar_Discharge paddle kit which extends the last cylinder bars into the discharge area, and then a shorter discharge paddle to kick the material outIJ Is this a kit that should be on the combine or notIJ Also if your suggestion box is open, I wish that Gleaner would mail or email a copy of any updates or alerts or tips that would be of value to the customers that own one of their combines. It would be a benefit to the Gleaner company, due to the customer being happier because he might have been forwarned of a major problem, or given a tip about the combine that he would rather find out from the company, instead of him or her having to go down the road to the dealership, and saying that he has heard about these updates, alerts, or settings from a neighbour. Thanks for all your help.

john_keller

The slope was added to the shoe to increase capacity and maintain a shorter turning radius. Extended cylinder bars are useful in green stem soybeans, flax, and whenever you wish longer straw. Customers are notified of field campaigns with a letter. Dealers are notified of all updates with bulletins. We are always looking for better ways to notify you through customer schools and dealer training.

Dan

Dusty, If I could comment on extended bars. If you have dampness in any crop A thru Z you should get them bars extended. I have been imbarressed and humiliated countless times before getting bars extended. I can't believe holding straw in cage to grind up to get shorter straw our the discharge is the answer. Reverse bars are for holding straw in if you would ever want to and chopper is for chopping straw. Remember the more you grind straw the more you have to separate at the shoe ect. ect.ect.Just a little note on shocks for feeders. On combines with factory shocks they did not give you a drum height block that will give you more lift of back drum. I suggest removing back drum stops with large OD flat washers and replace washers with normal OD and cut off drum stop to match washers. Also be sure front and rear feed chain srtippers for corn are out if you you are haveing any feed chain problem on noise. Front strippers may be welded in and are the most important to be removed. They're are bolted in on newer machines.