Combines Overloading right side of shoe

Tom

Hi Tom I am a newcomer to rotary combining but I would make sure your concave is not too high. This could cause too much separating in the right side of the cylinder. Next make sure your overfeed auger is OK. Too much material going up the tailings could also be the culprit. Think about where tailings end upon the right side of the shoe. How do you know your shoe is plugging on the right sideIJ Does your Pacer monitor RH vs lH sideIJ (I want one) Or do you walk behind with a motorcycle helmet or something like thatIJ My wife used to watch the shoe on our l2 but she refuses to walk behind the R60. Also, 4-4.3 mph doesnt seem too fast to me. Tom Russell

notillr

This pretty common on an R-50 around here, but local dealer doesn't_won't "fix" them. All you are doing is overloading your lower sieve and feeding it back through the return to the cylinder which is dumping it back on the right side of the shoe -again-. The best fix is to take out the short "extensions" under the distribution auger (auger under the cylinder cage) they will be just to the right of the end of of the flighting. There is one on the front and another on the rear. This will let the "normal" material fall more to the left and middle of the shoe thus giving the right side of the shoe more capacity.