Combines Reply to N6 Questions

Tom

Rob, I have a very expensive paperweight on my desk that came off the front of my l2 engine. The mechanic said the bond between rubber and steel had deteriorated and the only solution was a new one. Now you are able to fix it without having to refinance the entire farm. How did you do itIJ Did you press it or bend it backIJ Maybe you had a different problem because I didnt experience belt problems like you had. My engine merely idled poorly. I understand this is a common problem and perhaps others can learn from your experience. Thanks Tom Russell

Rob_M

I didn't have to do anything when we checked the dampner at the machine shop it was within one thousandth the other difference was from the other pulleys. All I did was have them checked for trueness which none of the pulleys were off by more than two thousandths. I then cleaned them all up removing all dirt and rust. When I retorqued the dampner I did it like you would changing a tire. I went 180 degrees or opposite of each bolt snugging and then torqueing them to the spec given to me by my dealer. The only problem I was having was with the A_C belt would not stay on. It has now been about 20 motor hours and still working fine. I hope this helps.