Combines M 3 help

Tom

Dean, if you are having trouble with the shoe as your question implies, I would suggest checking the belt that drives the fan and make sure it is tight. As you know, the fan drives the entire separator. Also make sure your walkers are not binding on the shaft and remove corn stalks that wrap around the walker cranks. Those wood blocks tend to swell in damp weather and put a heavy load on that little fan belt which in turn slows down shoe cleaning. Make sure the shoe has completely cleaned out before shutting the separator off. This is really important. Also if you have a straw spreader, remove it. You dont need an extra load on an already overloaded separator drive belt. Also make sure engine speed stays where it should be. Dont let it pull down. If you have hydro, you might want to install a TTIII with a flutter monitor to let you know when engine speed drops. Your M3 is a really fine machine. I had several M2s, l2s and l3s but never an M3. I found that there was no ideal chaffer_sieve setting that would work in some conditions. Just keep the back end running fast at all times. How fast do you run and what heads do you haveIJ Tom Russell

dean

Have a 20' flex bean head been traveling 2 miles per hour and down.Use a 6-30 cornhead at 2 to 31_2 miles.Thanks for info.Any other help would be appreciated. Shoud you be able to combine beans faster than cornIJ

Dan

Dean: About the only thing we have done to the conventional machines is drill new hole for front of sieve to let it down about 2 inches. This gives you a better shot of air to chaffer and makes setting shoe less fussy.

Bobby_Greif

To improve shoe capacity in corn, try this: Note: I assume you have the 1-5_8 Round end deep tooth chaffer , or second

Tom

I had a 15' flex head model 315. I ran 3-4.5 mph in clean beans and a lot slower if there were tough weeds. Corn was another story. My M2s were very susceptible to side hill losses in corn. Some say I have level ground but old dead furrows would put the Pacer in the red until I installed hillside raddles and learned to keep chaffer and sieve clean. Tom Russell