Combines Unload auger trouble

Hyper_Harvest_II

Ken, If memory serves me right,there was a running change on the shock absorber drive you are having problems with.I can't seem to find the information on ser.n and model year this took place.It sounds like you are going to have to replace yours,so make sure you get the updated style.Maybe Dan or Tom Hurtt can help me out with correct part n.The two bolts that you see,retain the shock absorber in place,there is also one bolt about 12in. from the end of the auger that goes all the way through auger,also retaining shock absorber.Does not sound like many hours to have flighting wearing out already.

Dan

Ken, I hope you got my reply on the number for the newer shock absorber earlier today. If flighting on end of auger in the bottom of tank is wore or bent it must be in backwards and if I recall you have a '96 machine and there was a campaign to check to see them augers were installed properly at the plant. We extend the flighting on that auger to within a 1_2 inch of the bushing support to decrease the dead area to the next auger. Also you should check that flighting on auger in the tube for it should extend beyond the end of pipe an inch or more toward universal joint to reduce the dead area. I have seen some where flighting is flush with end of pipe which increases the dead area. We weld a couple of paddles on the yoke next to auger in tube on R50's and l2's for there auger in tube does not extend it's flighting toward universal joint. This is very helpfull when in beans and there are soft ones that squish out and plug that area. Good bye. Dan

Kenc

Fairly simple solution. There is a type of shock absorber inside the flighting tube. This shock has a total of 8 round rubber shafts. These rubber shafts lessen then shock of turning the auger on, and also do the gripping, they are the only thing that makes the unloading auger turn. I apparently lost a couple, and the others were no longer tight, allowing the shaft to turn inside. I had noticed the unloading auger had a slight knock that developed about two dumps earlier and the unload rate was slow, the knock was the shaft slipping as it spun. Dealer said Gleaner had been using this system for many years, but it was the first one I've ever had go bad. It was a easy fix-just remove the far end of the unloading tube housing and pull the unloading auger out, the shock is at the bottom and is held in by two short bolts, and one long one.