Combines M3 Value

Agarian

I used to have an '84 M3 and traded it two years ago. Today's market is a different ballgame so I can't help you much with the price. Mine was well taken care of and brought about the same as simular age and houred 6620 Deeres (M3 was a much better machine). The engine you are looking at is likely the 301 turboed and intercooled allis engine: very close to same as that of the 7020 Allis tractors. later M3s used a 158 hp 426 Allis engine, but never had the sheet metal of the N series: a completely different animal. An interesting thought, the M3 only cost a thousand more than a 4420 Deere when I bought it. Market forces may be different in your area.

John

Thanks. Nice combine, but I hate to buy now and pass up what might be coming next summer at auction. I hate decisions like this.

Tom

John, You can never pay too much for a super clean machine. Free is too much for junk. I sold an M2 3 years ago for $25,500 to the first guy who looked at it, but it had only 950 hours and was loaded with all options. Today is a different ball game but sharp stuff is always hard to find. Tom Russell