Combines Reflection in windows

Dan

Tom, You could purchase lamps with rubber boot protruding from sealed beam or if you don't mind a little duct tape you could make a shield on the present lamps that will prevent light from hitting windows. Hope this helps. Dan

Tom

Thanks for the suggestion, Dan. I have 10 lamps with rubber boots like the l3 had. Maybe 10 is too many but its like daytime in front of my machine. Reading between the lines of your post, maybe the lamps are aimed too close to the combine. Do you think I should raise themIJ Thanks Tom Russell

Tom

One more thing. I see the reflection of the other side of the head. I dont see the lights at all. Tom Russell

Dan

Tom, I have seen in the past where people have painted the top of tractor hood a dull black to suck up the light rather than reflect it back onto window. With the lights you have on the combine it may be doing the same. Maybe something like that will help you out. Dan

Jeff

We aimed the lower lights on the side of the cab out and down behind the header. This got rid of the glare and helped hooking up after dark.