Combines Info on hyper harvest

Rick

Our worst problem is in barley we can't keep it from going over the rotor. Other than that it works very good you can usually push it untill you start pulling the motor a little You start pulling the motor hard it will start chaseing it out the back. As far as the cat combine i ran one for a couple of hours this fall nice combine lots of drives. I asked the factory rep to bring it over to my place and compare the two he said one of there orders was on feild demo's donot get in the feild with a R72. At least he was honest. I would like more info on hyper harvest.

Dan

Hi Rick, Going by your e-mail address I'm located just east of you in NE North Dakota. I have a machine right inbetween us that was having trouble in barley. That was before feeder shocks, all forward extended bars to discharge, and seperator cover kit. He than had capacity but complained about rotor loss. He kept adding two reverse bars until he had eight in and than power was used up and he claimed the same loss was still there. We went up there and pulled spreader to find a loss of 1_4 bushel. That tells me that the reverse bars didn't do much but steal power. We both feel it was mainly the seperator grate rolling up the barley in the straw and going out the discharge. That machine has adjustable seperator grate and he had it adjusted all over the place along with cylinder speed ect. before installing the cover kit. It may be that removing every other wire from seperator grate and pluging the exposed holes from missing wires would of helped him but we liked the idea of the straw being able to slide over that area smoothly so seeds could get out. I also had in my mind his canola crop and I know that feed chains and thesher concave allready has that crop overthreshed ,not to mention the added threshing the seperator grate would do, which sends nearly the whole crop down to shoe to seperate and clean. I couldn't agree more on all of Hypers' mods but I caution anyone with a crop that is allready overthreshed at concave or is hard to convey at super slow cylinder speeds that seperator grate may hurt you. I have not tried the high low cylinder bar setup and it may be that the high bars would get a better grip on the hard to convey straw to keep it moving smoothly but I still wonder about the overthreshed crops that want to turn to powder. I will try the low bars next year and I'm sure they will be better than installing reverse bars. I'm sorry this got kind of long but I wanted to point out Hyper and my only difference. I think I will try to get together with the Hyper boys sometime to create a up to date master posting to try clear up any gray areas that are out there. Now I would like to know who you Hyper boys are too and what drives you to perfect the Gleaner combine. I now am standing up with the whole audiance applauding. Thank You from Tom, Dan, and lowell and our whole dealership. Have a great day. Dan

Tom

David, Hyperharvest and Hyperharvest II are 2 guys in Iowa who know how to get the absolutely best performance out of Gleaner Combines. I think Perrrformaxxx is the term for modifications they have developed over the years. In any event, I modified my P1 R60 per Hyper IIs recommendations this past summer with fantastic results. There are no machines in this part of the world that can keep up with me and the sample is n1 quality corn and beans. Tom Russell in Minnesota the state where nothing is allowed

Hyper_Harvest_II

Definition:Hyper;over and_or above,excessive or excessively. Harvest;The act or process of gathering a crop,the result of an action.What better way to describe a modified Gleaner combine.Perrrformaxxx,there is no limit to the lengths we will go to achieve the maximum capacity of the Gleaner combine.Dan,thanks for the ovation,let's get together this winter and compare notes.I would love to see your results with hi-lo cylinder bars and also maybe get you our seperator grate design in a newer machine. Thanks Again,Hyper Harvest II