Combines HYER HElP ME The making of a MEANER GlEANER

Dan

Bryan, Are you out of powerIJ Fuel FiltersIJ Are feeder chains bangingIJ Do you have wide rasp bars and are helicals goodIJ Is hi idle to specs.IJ Sorry about all the questions for your main problem is more than likely the reverse bars. I've never been around a R40 but I think it should have plenty over a M2. Good luck. Dan

bb

Dan everthing is up to spec. as far as the feed chains,helicals,and high idle.

Hyper_Harvest_II

Bryan, I agree with Dan,if everything is up to spec. as you have replied.Definitely get rid of two reverse bars.If you are seeing rotor loss,then make sure the reverse bars are over the concave area.(I would rather see you install hi-lo cylinder bar configuration to slow material flow though.)Also,take the concave one step further and remove every other wire all the way to the front.This machine needs all the help it can get in getting rid of threshed grain.Then,make sure that the concave is square side to side and get rid of any wedge front to rear set at factory specs.(Corn and soybeans thresh relatively easy,the only time you may have to pull the rear edge up is for tough green pods with soybeans left inside.Good luck,Hyper Harvest II

hyper_harvest

BB,There is something fairly simple wrong I believe.Can you tell us in more detail your adjustmentsIJ Have you checked rotor speed when a slug hitsIJ Engine RPMs when a slug hits(please bear with me) do you have a chopper or impellerIJConditionIJ Whats the condition of the helicials,any missing or out of alinement or worn downIJFeeder house on the fast drive with feed drums locked upIJ Rotor speedIJFeeder house belt tightner's tensioned properly,belts touching the bottom of the pulleyIJConcave plugged or not levelIJConcave guage match the actual concave settingIJ Hang in there, a nasty 40 with real perrrformaxxx should be able to push a 20footer 4-5mph with ease. I'll get back to you after you anwser.We'll find a phone booth for your 40 to change in here somewhere!later Hyper

bb

Hyper, lets see what I can do. The rotor rpm drops about 100 to 150 rpm(set at 550).The engine rpm drops maybe the same. The machine has a impeller with new blades set aggressive.

Dan

Bryan, I would rather see wide rasp bars on seperator side. I have heard of someone that torched out ever other rasp on seperator side when they had narrow rasp. In fact I talked to a guy one time that had cut out every other rasp out of wide rasp bars on seperator side but I wouldn't like to put a torch to them. I wouldn't be without shocks on rear feeder drum. Where are you getting shock kit for I thought I was the only one putting together shock kits for R40 and R50IJ I am also sold on hump kit for trap door for it helps straw to make a nice transition between feed chain and cylinder. Hump kit is available from Gleaner. I would like for you to look for feed chain strippers to see if they are installed. The rear one would be bolted in just ahead of drive spockets. The front would be some arrow shaped irons that are welded to bottom of square tube that is just ahead of drive sprockets and they would need to be cut out. If you ever did need front ones back in there for corn you could get some new ones and drill holes to fasten them like newest machines. Them strippers are for corn only and they can severely screw up the feeding in other crops. Oh yea take a look at where the second helical from gearbox drops its straw back onto feeder opening. You'll see why I remove that crop flow director and extend that second helical to seperator grate area. I think you will have that thing singing soon and if straw is that tough we may need to talk about seperator grate cover kit. Good luck. Dan