Combines R40 capacity

bb

Jim a R40 will most certainly handle a 6 row head. We have run 5 to 6 mph in good corn with our 438 head. You can starve a bird to death behind these machines. As far as beans, we have a 320 head on ours and it handles it OK (cleaning and grain loss were great). I'm working with Hyper and others now to increase the speed of harvest from 2.5 to about 5mph. Do not be scared of the machine it will surprise in corn.Read the information from Dan about tuff beans. If you are buying the machine from a dealer see if you can get them to do the mods they suggest below before you buy it.

Nick

you must have real big birds because my 1997 R42 Silver Seeder would fatten a hog up real nice.I have had many different people work on it.I am sick of the dam thing and it is going to be replaced with a different color.It is a joke in wheat,corn ,beans.

Nick

you must have real big birds because my 1997 R42 Silver Seeder would fatten a hog up real nice.I have had many different people work on it.I am sick of the dam thing and it is going to be replaced with a different color.It is a joke in wheat,corn ,beans.

Hyper_Harvest_II

Nick, Sorry to hear your fustrations.Can you tell us a little more about what the individual problems you are having in a little more detail,who the people are that have worked on it,(dealer,area rep.,somebody from AGCOIJ)and what if anything they or you have done so far to solve the problemIJThanks, Hyper Harvest II

Dan

Nick, Sorry to here of your problems. A out of the box factory machine should be tons better than you are describing not to mention a properly moded machine. I went back to some notes from last June where I found my personal e-mail to you that went over your posible problems so I won't go over it again. I never heard good, bad, or otherwise from you. We need some accurate feedback to get this problem ironed out. I would love to know who your dealer is for I think I need to talk to him. Dan

Tom

Nick, the ball is in your court so quit complaining and fix the problem. A year ago I was in the same boat with an R60 that hardly ran. Tom, Dan and Hyper pointed me in the right direction and this year my machine cut tough green beans when everyone else was parked. These guys know more about Gleaners than Mr. Gleaner himself. But you have to be willing to carry the ball for yourself. Invest a little of your time and I think you will be surprised. Good luck. Tom Russell

Nick

a local farmer saw i have it for sale he asked what i was going to buy when i sell my r42 IJ I told him a grain drill because I won't have a silver seeder to use to seed my crop.plus I will buy a green or red combine. The R42 leaves a min. of 2 bushels_ acre on the ground. the bin sample is not very clean . I get docked for fm and damage. all this happens in beans wheat and corn.

Nick

I set the combine how you said to for wheat and I was still lossing over 2 bushels_acre in 65 bu. wheat. In the fall Agco gave me 2 extra rev. bars to install on the threasher side. it helped some got loss down to 1.5 bu.in beans. in corn the dealer removed 3 helciol bars. still was lossing 2bu. of corn . So I had a different dealer come out in corn he was here for 4hrs. tried many a different things no change in loss.or better sample . so he measured the rotor to the cage when zerod the rotor hit in the midle of cage half way up and was atleast 8th of an inch from top of cage when zerod.

Dan

Nick, Thanks for getting back to me. I saw you had posted a message in September also with a loss of beans and pods in the tank. Everything is pointing to a screwed up concave. If I am reading your description of zeroing your concave properly, I would believe it is off. Could you ever get me name and number of dealer or person that was out to check concave. You can e-mail me personally if you would like. I'm sure we can get this problem ironed out for you. Take Care. Dan