Combines Fieldstar question

Dr__Gleaner

Kurt, I have been using an Ag leader GPS system for the last year in wheat, milo, and soybeans. It is the PF 3000 monitor and the GS 2000. It has the clean grain elevator side mounted moisture tester. We are using the Coast Guard diff. signal with this sysetem therefore our signal is free. The GPS system is installed on a 1979 N-6 but Ag leader makes a kit for almost any combine made in the last 20 years. I am also using their mapping software. If needing additional infor. use my e-mail address

tbran

AGCO fieldstar as far as I can research doesn't have this particular problem but lets be honest; there is NO gps on the market that has All the bugs out! Mapping and location and yield monitoring is in its infancy in the big picture of things. The biggest problem everyone has is wet damp green crop and MUD that coats sensors and load plates. Many fixes for most systems are under development. A full blown system is $6,000 to $8,500. Now if you add $8.00 per acre for precision spreading and $8.00_a. for soil testing, you must increase your yields substantially. On the other hand if you put that much more fertilizer _ a. .....what will be your return on investment vs. yield map - gpsIJ I have an old Ag leader system in our '87 R50. It is fun to watch and you can know intsantly what your yield is rather than at the end of the field. We look at the yield maps and say "gee look, just like we thought that part of the feild don't do squat!" duh.. The greatest benefit we found was that on our fields that have tree borders we back off 75' and plant hay up to crop first rows. We always lost money on that ground before. Now we get a hay crop! After 3 generations we finally stopped the stupids.. and they say this younger generation is going to the dogs...good luck.... tbran.

Dan

Should be able to touch top of screen and slide finger along to change backlight.