Combines Paint on 2388 s and 9370 s Red

SDman

Peewee, I'll give you my take on this. First of all, this is not a new problem. If you research all the way back to November 1936 when IH decided RED was its color, paint quality is a problem that rears its ugly head from time to time and different measures have been taken over the years to improve it. In recent years, I would say combines have probably had the most complaints and lately I haven't seen any consistant problems with them, either. Some of the combine problem may be on our(the dealer's end). Every combine in Northern North America seems to be ordered for winter delivery. Some of those combines come in with so much road salt on them you can't even tell they are a red machine! Oh yes, we wash them right away but the damage is pretty much done already when they get off the trailer(nothing like road salt on new paint that hasn't had time to cure properly). All this and we are only 5-600 miles from the combine plant-can't imagine what our Canadian friends machines look like when they reach Maple leaf country. I guess I haven't seen much paint quality problems from Fargo, but there may be isolated problems here and there. Nevertheless, your PSM should work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your product. In defense of the Case PSMs, they have had their workload increased alot in recent years as a result of Case's downsizing of manpower. Keep working with your dealer and PSM to get complete satsfaction.

Peewee

Thank everyone who commented on the paint on 9370's. Help came from the Fargo plant by means of the top paint and plant people. They were very concerned and helped set up meetings which have solved the problem. They measured the thickness and discovered that the paint was too thin in many places. The tractor will be repainted. My dealer was very helpful and considerate also. Thanks to everybody.