Combines 99interface

Hyper_Harvest_II

Tbran, Where do I sign upIJGive me a phone n or address to write to!I am with you all the way on this one.Since I run my own independant repair shop and the nearest Dealer is 60 mi. away,I don't have much pull with any Company people.It is sad to hear someone say,"Yeah, I use to own one of those galvanized hog feeders,but I could never get it set right and the Dealer couldn't figure it out either."Maybe we need to put it together ourselves.As we have stated in other posts,we could probably save AGCO millions of $'s in RandD if they would invite a select group of Farmers,Dealers,and Service Technicians,that have been in the field using mods. that work.lay every thing out on the table for everybody to look at.This way Engineers could see what is going on in the field now so they wouldn't have to worry about persueing possibilities,they could be persueing reality.I try to keep all of my customers happy,and it takes mods. like what are discussed here that keep them running Gleaners.It is too bad we can't access all Gleaner owners by computer,but at least getting something started here or relaying by word of mouth will be a start.This is only my opinion,let's here from everybody else that feels we need a Hyperguide!Had to add that last line.Merry Christmas!!!!! Hyper Harvest II

Jeff

Service here in SE Kansas is 30 miles away And ran by farmers. If we need our R62 worked on buy them we have to drive it there. We do all of the work. A mods book would be great I'll buy one! Were do I send the checkIJ Our neighbor traded for a deer becouse of service how many more will do the same. I havn't seen an agco deelership that wasn't an old run down shop.

john_keller

All these comments about "mods" has forced me to make some sort of comment. Seems that everyone is asking for a book on "mods". What kind of mods are you wanting and for what conditions. I have seen a lot of field mods, and as yet haven't seen one yet that is really worthwile. Believe it or not, 95% of the time the combine is best the way it is set up from the factory, with the proper adjustments. There are crops like flax, canola, popcorn and edible beans that require special adjustments and performance packages offered by the company. We have come with things like high wire concaves, extended cylinder bars, shock absorbers on feed drums. Dealers are informed but seems that customers are not. Do we need to convey these items direct to customers and how do we do itIJ Australia has published a type of "mods" booklet. I will look at doing the same for US and Canada.

Rob_M

I take on of those books. Please leave the phone number or address and price. I'll mail it out tommorow.

Dan

Oh my, I think my blood pressure is hitting an all time high. I've been sitting hear for a couple hours reading that fourth and fifth sentence of Johns' over and over. I would have to come to the conclusion that he hasn't been around the mods that are seen on this page. Maybe John is taking offence to the word "mods" and we should be calling them upgrades. After all Gleaner does have most of these upgrade kits in there parts system now. Every year we reach out further from our dealership to pull in some machines that havn't been upgraded and with out acception the custumers are just thrilled with there machine when they get back into the field. If Gleaner thinks that these upgrades will help only 5% of the time they will never put out a upgrade booklet. If they think they will help 95% of the time, like I do, they will have company reps get as good of a list of owners as possible from dealers and get a upgrade book directly to them. Good bye for now. Dan

Rolf_Hedt

I have heard a saying that a business makes 80% of it's money from 20% of it's

Tom

John, I have a great deal of respect for your knowledge and I appreciate the help you have given me over the years but on this one I have to agree with the other guys. last year I was all set to do something drastic until I found this board. I installed as many mods as I could out of sheer desperation and surprise----the R60 ran when all my neighbors were plugged up with green beans. The AGCO dealer I bought the machine from wouldnt even answer my calls but HyperII and Hurtt Bros did. Many AGCO dealers seem to have the philosophy of get the money and run. But maybe its not their fault if they dont get any factory support when problems arise. I suspect this is frequently the case. Tom Russell