Combines Accelerator Roll Questions R60

Hyper_Harvest_II

Tom, I am sure that your acc. rolls are installed that way at the factory for ease of asy..If you keep an eye on these bearings with a stethoscope,you can catch them before they fail.At that time I move the bearing back to the outside of the processor,so they can be easily changed.As for the back gear being inside out,I know on earlier models that if you tried to put the gears on the same way,you would not have enough room to get the gears lined up.loctite on the bearings(Gleaner Glue),I would put it back together with loctite,since I have seen the bearing work on the shaft,then you have to replace the whole shaft.Food for thought,let me know if you have more questions.Hyper Harvest II

Dan

Tom, I think hyper about answered your quistions but I'll throw this in. You will notice that Gleaner puts bearing on the inside in other locations also and usually it is for quick removal of complete shaft or auger. Trouble with the accelerator roll is both rolls have to come out together for the plate that bearings are on is not split in between them. I do what Hyper does I get water handy and cut bearing and flanges out then put on the outside for that farmer wants to get threshing. Good bye. Dan