Combines Model T Gleaner

tbran

T circa 1938 ; pull type , down front cyl. on the rh side with all grain augered to right. Used 4 cyl air cooled engine. 6' direct cut header. Raddle type separation. I have operation manual on one. Doesn't tell much else.....tbran

John

I've actually seen an R Gleaner that isn't the rotary. It even said model R on the serial n plate. It's basicly the same thing as an A with minor differences. And I think it might still be being used for wheat.

John_W

My book The Grain Harvesters lists a T2 and a T3 which was made in 1954. It was selp-propelled and had a 23" cylinder. I can remember Gleaner combines with Ford Industrial Engines just before Allis Chalmers took over. The pull type model T was made from 1937 till 1941.

John_W

My book The Grain Harvesters lists a T2 and a T3 which was made in 1954. It was selp-propelled and had a 23" cylinder. I can remember Gleaner combines with Ford Industrial Engines just before Allis Chalmers took over. The pull type model T was made from 1937 till 1941.

T__langan

I might be wrong on this, but I think the Model R was the same as the A with the exception that it had a raddle type seperator rather than straw walkers like the A. CorrectIJIJ Tom

tbran

yup, also T's, J's, NR's, E's (not the self propelled model) were cica 30's -40's up to about '52 pull type Baldwin harvesters. Also made a W windrower. - All Before AC ownership - T2's , R's, A's came later.

Tree

I am the owner of the Gleaner T that John listed earlier . It is a 1953 T2 . Dad purchased it in 1982 in Jasper County, MO. He bought it out of a shed and always kept it shedded. He used it until 2 years ago to cut fescue. Hope to find a good home for it.