Combines long shoeIJ

tbran

leave the shoe alone. Slip clutch good idea; beater will keep material other than grain (mog) insuspention a little better for a little better capacity. Some factory models did not have sep. beater. See settings section for solution to beater wrapping.. A slip clutch on walker shaft is nice option. If you have chopper then the knives MUST be sharp. Rounded corners on the swinging knives are not acceptable and will cause walkers to plug....Adjustable tailer will not add capacity but will clean up tailings if that is a problem. It can be closed down to force more air to front of shoe and some times this results in increased capacity. Conditions will dictate which is best.Follow op man for shoe use. Again Cyl. is key to capacity so see other Glnr postings on cyl. bar. fdr. beater etc.. good luck ...tbran

Trent

Thanks for the info. I have very little experience with this machine but I am trying to learn all I can. I have Ray Stueckle's books. What do you think of zero concave clearance in wheatIJ My cyl rasp bars look like standard ones and don't show much wear. I only have 50-60 acres but I like to run a machine at top capacity and efficiency.