Combines R50 vs l2

Nate

About 5 years ago we went from a '79 l2 to a '89 R50 and never regret it. The R50 will walk away from a l2 in both corn and beans, it will eat anything you put in it. Once you go to a rotary you will never want to go back to a conventional!

tbran

Go for the R50 - HOWEVER - take the time to read through these postings. An all origional R50 with 1800+ hours needs some upgrades to make it perform in excess of a l2 in green stem soybeans. These improvements are items that are found on the latest R52's that can be retro'd back to the future. Go get a cup o' coffee and start letting your finger do the walking - skip over all the mother in law junk (some less than intelligent imposter wrote some horrible things about my mommy in law. She got herself a 'puter - got on the net - and I like to of never convinced her that it wasn't me a writtin' all that stuff. My m-i-l is the greatest ! She is so super I wish some of you had her!) :) Seriously, I have a 50 with 3500 hours. Still going strong and with the addition of what you find posted it was an improvement over the l2 it replaced. Especially in the area of less sensitivity to hillsides and slopes, grain quality, simplicity and reliability. Good luck. tbran..

Tom

Once you run a Gleaner rotary, you will never go back to a conventional. I cant comment on a 50 because I have a 60, but without a doubt, grain quality is better and losses from the machine are greatly reduced, especially if you have slopes over about 5%. I modified mine last summer per Hyper Harvest ll instructions and now my machine is fantastic. Tom Russell in MN