Combines Who got th most hours

Tom

Hey Mr. Tbran, Are you related to the Tbrans in MNIJ They pronounce it there. They have three young ones: Hi There, Hey There, and Hello There. I enjoy your posts and have learned a great deal from them. Thank you, Tom in MN

keith_williams

I own a 1970 K Corn_Soy with a 12ft grain head and 238 corn head.

lbran

In response to tbrans question, please believe me you don't want a picture of his M.I.l. To be perfectly honest to who has the most hours, are you referring to combines or M.I.l's. tbran will come close to havings the most hours on a combine, engine hours that is from home to shop, as his R50-87 modl. has been extensively modified from original version to exceed any and all up-dates Gleaner ever thought of. As a matter of fact tbran, along with his genius cousin, were the ones who told Gleaner in 1987 to install shocks on feed drums to help with noise and feeding. They are kind of slow at Engineering at AGCO so 10 yrs ain't bad for a suggestion to hit home. tbrans R-50 looks like something out of Total Recall. Every rim is a different color, tires don't match (on purpose for Hillside applications for preliminary study,)GPS (Green Paint Sniffer, has a lot of Deere owners on adjoining farms, can't understand how he can run 8 MPH in corn w_o running it all out the back)not the new fangled satellite technology, cylinder bar configuration that even the best engineers says won't work, looks like a skud missle from saddam's been in the cage, almost no wires left in there except enough to hold it together, and get this, only spends about 500.00 annually on repairs,(has brother educated beyond intelligence that drives this bad boy!, can't keep main drive belt on it, replaces twice a year). You can learn alot from tbran if yall just listen to him, he's really smart too, but w_tons of common sense. Ain't bad w_old 7000 series either. Good Day!

tbran

To all concerned: lbran is not a true Brannon. He was tragically adopted two times at an early age.. unfortunately he was returned to us both times. Actually there were several requests for shocks and I think the Hurtts at Dakotas were ones who got the job done first. I really hate the fact that lbran's dealership has gotten high tech enuff to be online. It will be a cash drain on them because it will take 2 mechanics and the bookkeeper pedaling the portable gen sets to produce that much power. Plus the fact he gripes abouts my spelling all the time. I done told you also I made up with my MIl. She is a fine southern lady. lbrans picture is the one you don't want. Placed his mug shot in my garden last year and crows brought back corn they stole 3 years ago.. thats ugly....

wheat_whacker

We have a '78 l2 that we bought in 1988. The Tach showed 3200 hrs when we bought it we are unsure if this is correct,as you all know Gleaner Tach's are not known for their longevity. Anyway we think this machine went from the equator to Canada cutting wheat each of its first ten years. You could shave with any auger in the combine they are so wore. After you are done shaving you could go to the auger in the header and see how close you got ,it is as shiney as any mirror.the tin above the auger in the bin is nearly worn in two from the grain falling on it.

Farmer

My uncle has a JD 7700 turbo with I think over 6,000 hours. It might be as high as 7,000 hours. It is an absolute peice of junk. I don't think the scrap iron people want it, it is so worn. Their are patches welded on the side to plug holes, all the wheels, and tires are different kinds, and colors. I guess at the end, starting it was almost an all day job. It is so dirty inside, you dust yourself off when you get out. He was going to trade it in for another 7700, but I don't think it would make the trip to town, let alone the dealer allow it on his lot. That is the absolute most hammered combine with the most hours I have ever seen, or heard of. It is bouble ugly! Sorry to steal any glory from a gleaner. I think any gleaner, new or worn, is better than any JD!