Combines ordering a R72

John

Not sure of all options, but what I would want; Tires: Radials all around, preferably Firestones. If you have hills radials reportedly don't do well so I would go with R2 tires, that way you won't have road bounce which you do with bias. Headers: For the straight header, get the high capacity header. And a pickup reel. Get RWA, regardless of whether you get R2 tires. Terrain Tracer or tracker: If you have terraces, get it, if not, don't waste the $. Auger: I've heard some say the turrett is too slow, get the old swing out. I'd also get the auto ladder lift and the engine ladder lift. Even if you don't haul the combine, it's kind of nice to have if space in your shed is tight.

Tom

I agree on the ladder lift. Mine is always up in the storage building. It is a must have for a 6-row head. Tom Russell

dibber

I agree I have it on my list along with duals, lateral tilt, and return to the cylinder, rear wheel assist. Debating on Fieldstar or just going with cab mounted moisture senser. Any one have any ideas on this featureIJ

tbran

Corn _ Soybeans - I will make a suggestion. For Navy Beans you will need to go elsewhere.Corn- Soybean base w chopper version 7287- 71379077 w_o chopper 7286 713790076 - rwa 71379027 - go with either the 30.5-32 or 18.4-42 duals. (Radials are super but if you stob one :-( $$$$$ and no tire dealer stocks 'em in most places.) 18.4-26 rear . If you go over 20' grain 800 series pop for the Smartrac. Chrome helicals 71363030 - Extended cyl bars all 3_4 " 71379083 - If you are ok with Std. Unloader stick with it. If clearance with 6 or 8 row head unloading on the go is a problem go with the turrent unloader although at list it's $2,750 more sawbucks. It works and is long and unloads plenty fast. (I'll bet you completely miss the truck bed the first dump if you don't hang a belt from end to mark the spot. Hang a pair of field glasses in the cab to watch filling the truck- that sucker is long) - chrome bin loading auger 71369025 - Cab exit light 71369040- power ladder folds. { Add a "hump kit" rock door kit - remove every other wire from the separator grate - you may want a cover see other posting on this} - get a easy close rock door kit also - there is also an electric concave adjustment kit avail for $680.00 - Fieldstar without gps will add about $4000- with GPS $7500 the office package another $1300. An incab printer is nice if you want a print out to give truck driver to keep up manually with loads. You gotta make the choice. If you do not USE the information GlEANED from these monitors you have bought an expensive toy add on...A yellow legal pad and a calculator and keeping up with the weigh tickets and spending the money on momma will make most peoples life go much smoother..:) .. Finally, the R72 is an awesome machine if the combine is your limiting factor. We have found a R72 or two setting while waiting on trucks. The guy should have bought a 62 and spent the difference on equipment to haul grain away. Again it all depends on your situation. Good luck...

dibber

Thanks for all the information tbran. What is the cover used for and what cropping conditions would you need it forIJ Does pulling every other wire help more for corn or soybeansIJ Do you think the turret is worth the exra moneyIJ Will it be higher maintance down the roadIJ

tbran

n1capacity, less chewing of stems, less hp. n2Corn because little pieces of cob will not plug wires and cut down separating area that lets grain out of cage but also in soybeans for same reason but refer to n1 for capacity in certain conditions. Hurt _ Hypers can possibly be of more help in navy beans as I wouldn't know a navy bean if it sailed past me in armada review.n3 Again if you need ground clearance close to combine or if you have ever knocked a hole in the unloader with the side of a semi get the turret. If low hanging power lines criss cross your field, get the turrent. A turret will damage more grain however slightly. n4 eventually yes..I have witnessed annal mastications of factory reps. by CSE and De owners at farm shows. Turrets have vertical augers with right angle drives...balance this with the fact that the Gleaner system is not without some maintenance cost also. Say if you ram it into the side of semi..( I plead quilty once and it makes a mess) I guess it depend on your DEFINITION of maintenance......"I never had a collision with that semi" he said as he wagged a finger in their faces........

John

I think if you are smart enough to understand how it works and are willing to actually stick with it the Fieldstar would be ok. I have had a few guys at farm shows show me how Fieldstar works, but it just seemed like it wouldn't be benneficial to our operation, not to mention I couldn't understand it. To use it with GPS you would have to be smarter yet, plus I have heard the GPS stuff is big $.