Combines AXIAl COMBINES TRICKYIJ

YSO

last year of production of 1680 was 1992. If a Axial Flow is equiped with a speciality rotor and without stone trap, it won't be the last combine in the field in the morning or the first to leave the field at night. Speciality rotor performs very well in greens stems crop, but, for my opinion, it cause more cracked kernel than the standard rotor. Also, without modification, the speciality rotor tend to have higher rotor losses than the standard one in corn. You may have to spin it faster to reduce losses, and, it will crack more kernels, On the other hand, those disadvantages are compensated by the increased capacity in tough soybean. About ease of adjustment, it is sure that rotor seed and concave clearance relationship have a larger window of adjustment than a conventionnal machine. One thing you have to deal with is the side to side crop loading on the chaffer, it is a normal caracteristic of a single rotor machine, and, the color doesn't matter, i can tell you..

Paul

Axial combines are certainly not the last to go to the field or the first to shutdown. As far as setting one,it's as easy as reading the manual and doing what it says.It is almost to easy to set. That is one of the things I like the best.I dont agree with YSO about the specialty rotor.We have been running one for 10 years in corn soybeans and wheat and have never had a problem with cracked grain.We raise soybeans for asgrow and while your harvesting they come and run a bleach test to check for cracked or damaged grain. On their first test this year they sampled 100 seeds and found 1 cracked hull. He was stunned and immediatly ran a second one and found zero damaged grain. He said that was good enough for him and went home. I ran green combines for several years before switching to red and have no major problems with them. I just enjoy the ease of running a case IH.

Farmer_J

I just have one sentence: "Tricky, you haven't seen tricky till you have a possum by its tail."

Farmer_J

What are you doing at the computer at 9:00 am, you should be in the barn, or do you want to give your cows mastitisIJ

T__langan

I will have to argue your last point about side to side loading of grain on single rotor combines, regardless of color. We don't have these problems in the Silver camp. We have what is called a distribution auger that evenly distributes grain over the width of the shoe - even on side slopes. We don't have to "put up" with this characteristic. Tom

YSO

I forgot to had the word "longitudinal" before single rotor, sorry for confusion..

YSO

Can't see any barns around here,when looking outdoor. If you think you have found what is my occupation, i can tell you you're WRONG with dairy cattle. So, "sorry, try again", and, good luck for next time. P.S. If you really want to discuss about cows cares and problems, just type those three words on the Altavista search tool: COW,DISCUSSION and FORUM... and i'm sure you will find a site with peoples that know more than i do about dairy cattles. Amicaly YSO.

YSO

Can't see any barns around here when looking outdoor. If you think you have found my occupation, i can tell you you're on the wrong way with dairy cattle. So, "Sorry and try again". P.S. If you really want to discuss about cows and their problems, i suggest that you type those three words in the Altavista searching box: COWS, DISCUSSION and FORUM... I'm sure you will find a site where peoples know more than i do about dairy cattle.

ROTOR

IH combines are the easiest combine there is to set for any crop. FIRST IN THE FIElD, lAST OUT OF THE FIElD.