Combines Pull type combines

Hawkeye

I was wondering if you knew where i could find information on the changes from older combines to newer combines

95man

John, We're going to use a 6601 Deere in fescue this summer, going to pull it with a G955 Moline (95 HP),what crops are you going to use it inIJ There are also 7701's, which are just as big as 7721's for less $$$$, where are you located atIJ A good site to look for up north and in Canada is www.prairielinks.com, and click on the machinery search and go to town. 95man

JHEnt

I think if you are going to use it for corn and other grains you will find you will need at least 100 pto hp tractor. The 6600 originally had a 100hp as its base engine but is underpowered severly for heavy crops. Most were sold with the Deere 404 engine with around 120hp or more. Where are you atIJ There are lots of AC pull types in southern Il. We have two model 90s and a 72 for combining clover seed.

Deerze

I have never seen and don't believe a 7701 will perform the same as a 7721.. With a 7721 you will need atleast a 140HP tractor to operate it.

95man

Unless i'm mistaken, the 7701 is identical to the pre Titan 2 7721's, so they will be the same size, performance can differ if the tractor that is pulling each of them has a HP difference.

JHEnt

I saw an advertisement in magizines over a year ago that had a picture of two I think CIH pull types being pulled by BIG tractors. I think it was a Carhart ad.

meldrum_farm

Gentlemen: My neighbours have owned John Deeres (pull-type and self-propelled)for some time, and here are a few observations: