Combines R 72 62 feederhouse on an N6 7

John

I really don't know your intent, but I have an N6 with a longer_newer throat that will pick up the newest heads. It doesn't have the lateral tilt and I haven't asked my dealer about what it would take to attach it. It really doesn't look like much conversion was made to put the newer throat on though. I do believe that all R series heads and newer are on the same throat and an R6_7 throat should fit an N6_7. I do know that the original N series Corn Head will not fit my machine, only the R and newer.

farmer5

John, I have a late '84, series 3, N-6. It has the newer style, for the N-6, feeder house already on it. Mainly wanting to go to the R 62_72 for more length, lateral tilt, and the pin type slip clutch. I think I can get a feeder house bought for just a little more than cost of the slip clutch kit. The problem I think I will encounter is the rear feed shaft and bearings in the R-72 are bigger than the N-6. Plus the left hand drive is different between machines. I think I can get around it though with a little work. Thanks for your response. Curious if your feeder house is off of an R-60_70 or R62_72IJ Brian

John

Mine is like yours, an 84 series 3 and I believe the dealer said the throat was off of the last of the R6's because the bottom was worn through on the original. I would have to ask him how much difference if any there is or the guru's should be able to tell us if there is any between the last of the 6's and the 60's, I don't think the change came until the 62 series.

rbryl

I have been thinking of that same thing. I have a n7 with that old seires 2 mounts. I hvae olso measured and found out that they are the same size. A good blacksmith could help make it fit. or come up with a change over kit.