Combines Bubble Up augers

Swamper

We have one in our 2188 w_bish bin. We put it in to avoid grinding rice while pushing grain up into the hopper extension. It works great. The downside is the added height of the machine with the auger raised. I have to be watchful of phone and power lines that may sag too low. If I remember right the auger kit cost us about $700 but I'm not sure. We got it through a local Case dealer. It plumbs into the reel return oil so when the header is disengaged the bubble up also stops.

steve_C_Il

Yes,they help alot. Have never slipped clutch since installing mine.Really easy to make,pick up a broken lower clean grain auger out of your dealers scrap pile,add small hyd. motor and hoses off your auger on your seed wagon,used 3" pipe for main tube,1.5" square tube to mount auger ,a few scraps of plate steel and 1 1" brg w_flanges.Build and install in one afternoon.Only problem is you can really fill your bin with more grain than you should carry. HTH steve

dave

I have used a hopper extention for quite a few years now. Have gotten away with adding a couple washers on the springs for the slip ratchet. Only problem has been wearing the flighting on the incline auger when pushing grain to the top of the extention. Engineers hate it but they choose to increase head capacity before hopper capacity. We have lots of half mile rows in irrigated corn. It is very common to run over 200 BPA. The math doesn't add up but they keep building bigger heads without hoppers to support them. I wonder if it would be possible to add another cv-joint to the top end of the incline auger and add another 3 feet of vertical flightingIJ Seems like it would be much more efficient and could be setup to lay down when going in buildings.

D

There is also one manufactured by loewen, a 12" extension kit, different from Maurer. That may be something you want to check out.

2rotorsrule

Um, there was a gearbox issue on 96's maybe 97's. There may have been some of the first 98's too I'm not sure. they beefed up the gearbox at the bottom of the bubble up. Ours went out on our TR96 and exchanged it at the dealer for one that had been rebuilt. Our TR98 has a beefed up gearbox. the TR99's had trouble with the knuckles where the auger folddown pivots. TR99 was the only one with the fold down bubble up and had a set of knuckles in there.