Combines 8010 slip clutch

mit9750

i was riding with landO acres in their 8010's on friday and their radial pin slip clutch on the clean grain went out also. Did'nt look to me like you could shim it unless you had a press and the right bushing, then put the snap-ring back in. is it me or does it seem kinda small for the size of clean grain elevatorIJIJ sure put alot of corn in the cleaning fan. it is a neat combine though. on another note for all the talk on bu_hr. (i know this is the wrong color of machine for this page, but most of you guys sound logical) running 2 9750 w_ a 12 row 20in head, going 5 to 5.3 in 191 bu corn ave. at 17 to 18% on the ave, my greenstar shows a ave of 23 to 2500 bu_hr. using 4 semis and 2 1050 kinze's. trucks were going to the elevator about 40 miles one way, and guess what IJ i sit alot. not productive i know. how the heck do you guys get 5000 bu_hrIJ in a couple of days, we will be at our own bin site or dumping on the ground,and going to see just how fast i have to be going to hit this magical n of 5000. even when the trucks are less than 10 miles from our elevator we were sitting. when do we say the combines are big enoughIJ

Unit5

Thanks for replying!! I take it that landO acres is out west somewhereIJ 40 miles one way is a haul! Yes the slip clutch is too small. I'm telling the salesman that this slip clutch is the weak link. I'm trying to think here, I wanted to get the clutch to slip for the mechcanic so I pushed it up to 6.5mph our yield was about 225 bpa at 17 to 18% moisture. That was 105% power and we were about 4300 bph. It depends on yield and conditions if you can get 5000bph. We run about an average of 3600bph. I know it's not overly impressive but that's about as fast as we can haul it away. This pace keeps everybody moving all day. We run one Brent 874 cart, 2 semis, one Brent 744 behind an mfd tractor. We have another 5 wagons with 3 tractors if we need. We are in NW Iowa so our longest haul is 5 miles. I guess combines will keep getting bigger but you need them to earn their keep, not just look good.

FR

That the same story I got from CNH we never heard of this with the slip clutch but mine would not push it out of auger at all. So I said lets weld it machine no good the way it was now it works great I thought if something breaks they can warranty it. Machine had 100hrs on it when we started corn 25% moisture located in central MN. e mail me if you want more information. GOOD lUCK

farmert

Well my slip clutch works Ok but she went down yesterday. lost control pressure shut the rotor down and would start and run again. I told the tech I'd run her till she blew and then we'd find the problem. and I'm afraid CNH doesn't know either. a little rain this morn so maybe they can get it fixed and the elevators can clean out. any advise on piling grain on the groundIJ

Unit5

Are you talking about the clean grain slip clutchIJ I'm having trouble here and I'm trying to figure this out Brian

Unit5

That dang control pressure is a real pain. This is a good combine. The first fall we had a 1440 and 1480 we lost a tranny on the 1440 and a crankshaft on the 1480 on the same day. I think that was back in '79 or '80. Yeah I hate to pile corn on the ground but I guess it keeps us rolling. Where abouts are you farming or who is your dealerIJ We have about 480hrs on the combine. Brian

farmert

feeder motor blew up! hopefully will have one in the morning. and new feeder chains! news from GI is their will be a major update to the feeder house for 2005 there is suppose to be a COlOR screen available anybody else heard thatIJ

farmert

in this part of the world it's not a smart thing to do. I never done it and probly won't as long as the corn stands up