Combines terrain tracer

JD

The face plate of the feeder pivots. It has a cylinder on each side to raise and lower. On a floating head, there are micro switches on each end of the header connected to linkages that sense the amount of float needed. JD

FarmerTom

is the pivot on the top of the feeder house or on the bottomIJ

john_holland

it is on the top, you should really get ahold of the front part of nh combine with terrain tracer from junk yard, or at least look at one somewhere, the hydraulic switching can get pretty complicated and expensive with all the solenoid hydraulic valves that are necessary, make sure you completely understand how you are going to make it all work before you spend money or it may end up wasted, good luck

tv140

It will be a very large task to try to retrofit a system onto an older combine from a newer one. The electrical will be very involved, diodes, relays, microswitches, sensing pads on the header, extra hydraulics installed for the lateral tilt system. Check for a jobber system or something like "Sensetek", which is a jobber that builds sensors to mount on the header to keep it at a desired height from the ground. Maybe a Honeybe header would work for you, they can be laid on the ground for harvesting.

George

Try Hillco,you can find it on case IH talk,click on attachment and you will find it,they make a kit for JD combines, maybe they have something for New HollandIJ Would't hurt to give them a call.

FarmerTom

thanks for the lead. we had talked to the folks at hillco before we made this post. they only build for jd combines at this time.

JHEnt

If your willing to buy a newer header to go with it then just buy a bottom drive feeder house from a salvage yard. It can be installed on older NH combines in place of the top drive feeder. All bottom drive feederhouses had the pivoting front frame although if the original combine did not have terrain tracer then in place of the hydraulic tilt cylinder the factory mounted a turnbuckle to level the head with. Installing the electrical parts will be more involved but I think its doable.

nemotr

Just guessing here. Don't two valves have to work together for the tiltIJ Could it be electricalIJ One valve either not getting power at the right time or both powered the wrong way at the same time. We have rewired around some of the wiring harness on the combine end due to certain head problems but don't remember just what. We would disconnect suspect wires then use a jumper until we located the right ones. I think we had 2 shorted together in the harness. Real high tech huhIJIJ Good luck with your search. Thanks for the concave info. We'll probably try the rollers first. How hard is it to change the concavesIJ Can it be done without removing the rotorsIJ

Ilnewholland

I have the dealer coming out to see what they think is wrong. You change the concaves out the side door. It takes about a hour to change. They are heavy but you can lift them out. I put a couple of pipes under them to slide them on. I have a round bar I use for corn and beans and a small grain concave for wheat. I change them twice a year. I think the rollers will work for you. Thanks for your reply also.