Combines 2388 seperator drive belt

aussie_harvester

you must not have the wrap around guards set close enough , if set right a belt couldnt get out

Big_Al

Boy, can we relate to that one! We have an 03 2388, and we went through the same nightmare. I believe the style of belt was the problem in our case. We did the same thing with the orifice and that did help a bit, but it still kept jumping. The belts we had the problem with were all black, and the one we have on it now, when new, looked gray(perhaps more fiberous). Pro Harvest told us about the difference, or at least, what they thought the problem was. Good luck

boog

Guards are set as close as they can get. In fact we have even elongated the bolt holes to get the guards closer.

boog

I know at least one of the belts was a "gray" belt like you describe. Not sure if it's the belt they gave us for a backup or what. Will have to look at the others to see which ones they were. Thanks for the tip. Will mention it to the service manager to see if he is aware of different belts.

redhat

New belt, check the belt tension within the first 8 hours of running and continue to adjust until the tension levels off. This design was used for the 44_66 sized machines_hp and the later 88's have more hp and load and stretch the belt in much quicker than the 66 sized machines. Early 80_88 machines used a wet clutch engagement rather than the belt tightener and I am not sure why they went away from this wet clutch design. The belt engagement will actually pull hard enough on the drive to torque the engine out of alignment on the rubber iso mounts and I think you will see Case-IH go to a solid engine type of mounting system soon to eliminate this issue.

shellman

Also have you dealer refer to sb NHFSB 040 03. It cover proper tensioning and follow up required. The problem with this system is typically when you disengage and it has a tendance to whip the belt.

boog

thanks for the sb reference shellman. I'll refer it to our service manager.