Combines Bi Rotor photos

NHD

Ralf, Thanks for the BiRotor pictures. I had a video of it all, but I loaned it to someone and now we can't find it. How are things shaping up for the summer harvest for you. Did any of your customers get frost last weekIJ We are soon heading out to Vernon Tx. area. Corn and soybean planting is about finished. Have a good season harvesting. Don

Rockpicker

Great website and pictures. Are you still going to be running conventionals in the futureIJ

dakota

Yes we stay with the walkers for now. We can operate those much cheaper than STS's.

dakota

Hi Don, We are about ready to leave, too. I am not worried about the recent frost. I don't think it did any damage to speak of.

swede

Great job.There was a video segment in the Farm Show Mastering Your Combine video.It illustated a lot more than what could be told in the book "Dream Reaper". Your still pictures show some interesting things such as apparently no wires in the concaves that we all fuss and fret about.Are the concave bars square or roundIJ It is hard to tell,but still interesting that he made it work in many crops.How did the returns get fed backIJ In the front end I suppose.

silver_tech

I guess when you run a John Deere, all you can do is wonder what might have been. If they just would have hired mark to go ahead and continue, they might have ended up with a good machine

Cutter

If you knew the real story, you might ask yourself what CAT might have been. Deere bought the final designs, CAT sponsored its development.

dakota

There were no bars in the concave. The inside looks like the outside on the pictures. It had vanes inside similar to an axial flow. I can't remember exactly how the returns was going exactly. On one picture I could recognize sort of a big hose coming in between feeder and rotor.

dakota

That's exactly what I have phantasized many times. Imagine CAT would have produced the Bi-Rotor, with Mark keeping improving it. And manufacturing all the accessories to it like sprayer and planter. They would have probably come up with a way to hook a chissel plow behind it, too. CAT could have bought companies like Sunflower before AGCO did. They could have aquired Versatile, when CIH and NH merged. But humans make mistakes and many don't learn from the mistakes others have made already.