Combines Off Topic Dodge 6 7 Diesels

RedHat

Have a 2007 one ton since May 2007. No problems, fuel mileage with a steel flat rack is good, 20+. Engine brake works good and it is quiet. The fuel filters are a finer micron than previous models due to fuel system design (tier 3). I would be looking at fuel supply either change vendor or add a filter to your storage tank pumps at the very least if you don't already have one on them. It is a must in our area with newer tractors and trucks running tier 3 emissions.

tbeck

Neighbor has one, about 3000 miles showing. So far no problems and well pleased. Economy is better than the previous 5.9l at similar miles showing. Pulls like a mule, too! His is equipped as 2500HD, 4x4, 6 spd auto. Have you had the computer checked at dealer for latest flashIJ

gleaner_guy

I have a good friend who bought one of these PU's, and he has had a similar experience as you. He was up in the woods elk hunting and it gagged up. He said he needed to cruise around at 50 mph in order to keep it running good-kind of hard to be sneaky that way. He's had it in to the dealer several times about this issue, and no solution yet. He said out on the road it's a pulling fool, and the mileage is better than the powerstroke he traded in. Heard of another fellow here in town that traded his 5.9 on a new 6.7, I guess he hates it and want's his 5.9 back, dealer said too bad. Mileage is bad, gagged up all the time. Makes you wonder if these things would run without this filter contraption, suppose the computer would go bosaki though-food for thought. Doesn't sound like these engines will be much use on the farm.

turbochevy03

I just bought one new about two months ago. mine has about 3000 mi on it and no problems yet. the motor was used in canada for a long time. how many miles do you have on yours and is it an 06 or 07. milage on mine is about 22hwy and 15 pulling about 12,000ns. if yours is worse try disconecting the battery and then drive it for atleast 350 miles before using cruise; but make sure you drive like you normally do. that might help with milage.

MostlyGreen

I've always been running with Sunoco Gold Ultra low Sulphur Diesel, and the fuel filters haven't been the problem; - it's been the Particulate Filter which has been clogging. Are you getting 20+ imperial mpgIJ I'm averaging about 17 highway. My truck doesn't get "worked" much; - I've been told that this could be contributing to the problem. The service manager also mentioned that in order for active regeneration to take place, EGT's have to reach 1100 degrees for a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes; - I don't know how true that is, since I drive lots of highway miles. Again, maybe a good "work-out" would help.

MostlyGreen

22 mpg is excellent; - better than my 5.9 was getting. Mine is a 07.5. Thanks for the tip, I'll try what you suggested and see if that helps. I'm currently averaging about 17 to 18 imperial mpg, and that's driving easy and empty.

MostlyGreen

I've had this truck reflashed twice; - I believe the latest was the G30 flash. I have about 12,000 miles on mine. This truck is a 2500 4X4 6-speed auto. I'm currently averaging 17 to 18 imperial mpg.

MostlyGreen

I've posted this problem on both the Cummins Forum and Turbo Diesel Registry and it seems to be one extreme or the next. Either the owners of these trucks have great luck or no luck at all. "Touch wood", the last 2500 miles have been trouble free, though the mileage still seems low.

RedHat

Actual mileage was 23 mpg_imperial gal and the truck had a 2100lbs load on it one way when the check was performed. Not highway driving either, in warm weather with the a_c on. Truck is equipped with 6 spd manual trans with engine brake.

j72

i've got a 6.7,3500, 6 spd. auto cab chassis and my mileage is 11.5. i am very ill about it. considered chipping it but that i'll waste money. someone told me they had to get 20000 miles before they get better. i doubt that it will get to18-20 where i would like it.mine has 13500 miles.