Combines Bar s leaks

D_Mayes

I found out the hard way that it will settle around the sleaves and hardens.It makes removal very hard without a puller.Once they are out I had to take a file to get rid of the stuff so the new o'rings wouldn't get cut putting them in and that took some time.Ended up using a die grinder very carefully.I don't see it causing a problem in dry sleaves or engines without sleaves.

vstk

Bad idea in my opinion. have seen numerous water pumps fail because of it. ask Cummins , they will void your warranty. best solution is good coolant, either premixed or new anti freeze and distilled water......vstk

Tom_Russell

I have no firsthand experience with Bar's brand but I do know the active ingredient in many stop leak products is wood flour, the dust produced from sawing wood. I wouldnt get carried away with using too much of the stuff.

T3

I know of a farmer that had a M2 with a cooling system leak. He used Bars leak and it stopped up the water filter which resulted in overheating which in turn cracked the head. My opinion is not to use it.

tbran

Correct. The best care for the cooling system medium is to use the test strips and keep the PH in the correct range. Kits are available and these have proven through the years to eliminate as much of the bad stuff that goes on in the engine as possible.

ahbecalm

For a wider range of opinions go to Google.com. Enter "Bar's Stop leak" and check out what comes up.

T__langan

I wouldn't use the stuff on any engines other than Deutz. ;) Just a test to see if you are paying attention. Tom langan

sawdust

I have a good friend that works for GM. He says that for several years Bar's leak is added to all GM products at the factory.

Burbert

It works to stop leaks, but only use it when you have to, not as regular maintenance. You would be asking for trouble then! I believe that the big auto makers would use it, cause they don't give a darn about what sort of product they sell. Just get it off the lot as cheap as possible, then it is somebody else's problem.

Burbert

It works to stop leaks, but only use it when you have to, not as regular maintenance. You would be asking for trouble then! I believe that the big auto makers would use it, cause they don't give a darn about what sort of product they sell. Just get it off the lot as cheap as possible, then it is somebody else's problem.