Combines raddle chains breaking r65 and 75s

NDDan

Don't know if you mean there are some machines with factory installed Drives chains. Don't remember seeing Drives stamped on any of them. I guess I thought that Drives was OK for regular roller chain years ago but maybe they have changed. Some things to reduce feed chain pressure are: Use chain sprocket stripper in corn only, use rock door hump as opposed to sump or flat rock door, reposition helicals to prevent double pass over feeder and concave, helical sweeps to prevent material from backing up from seperator side to thresher side. I guess I shouldn't forget feeder shocks for I'm sure lots of older machines still don't have them. Have a good day.

silvermech

had r75 break rear chain first 500 feet in corn. later broke front chain in wheat. replaced both chains with new assemblys and front did not last long before breaking. checked with service and they told us about problem. just got in 2005 r65 and had drives chain in it. service told us there was not supose to be any udes in production now but our luck. had to order chains seperatly and move slats to get allide chains