Combines AC cotton machines

Kevin_Alabama

Cotton880, I had a little trouble to start with, after spraying gromoxzone the stalks still stayed alittle green, but right after I got started it rained for 10 days and than turned real cold and the stalks froze and it sure made it strip a lot easier. My cotton was planted late and it matured late so a lot of this rain didn,t hurt it as bad as some of the earlier planted cotton.I talked to the Haney boys at Haney equip. and they talked like farmers were having a little trouble getting their UNR cotton ginned. I ginned at this new gin here in lauderdale county I got good grades, little waste and they ginned for the seed. Just wondering if you had that problemIJ

Cott

yea my cotton was ready in late sep. early october so with all the hot temps in oct and early nov. I could not get it to die. I gin here in limestone co. with moore and newby and they gin for seed also. They always do a great job and I always get great turnout. The trash wasn't bad, but with all of the rain and regrowth made for some ugly colors. Where in lauderdale co. are you, I farm about 5 miles north from haney equip. in athens. This has kind of been an odball year. I usually don't have a problem with grades and all, but over 1000lb. average makes up for that. Thanks, Stan

Kevin_Alabama

Stan,I live in St.Florian but my cotton was in Oakland in lauderdale and Sheffield in Colbert Co. My main crop is corn and beans, I farm along Shoal creek, in Oakland, and St.Florian.I have a farm in Oakland next to Gary Downs farm, I think Gary lives in your area. I still farm all Allis and Gleaner equipment, and I still have about 200 acres of beans I am trying to cut, maybe after this rain front go's though we will get some sunshine and I can finish before planting time. e-mail me if you would like...Kevin