Combines Repowering N6

PETE

You can repower with a cummins or there is a company in Wisconsin by Green Bay that remanufactures 426's (Relianceworks@aol.com) check out the Unofficial Allis site (allischalmers.com)and type in Reliance in the search bar for more info. Either way you probably are looking at at least $10,000 or more. Depending on the condition of the rest of the machine and how much use it gets repower_remanufacture is cheaper than a different machine with a whole new set of problems. My $.02 worth, Pete

venturis40

we have 1 possibly 2 N7's that we would sell complete for well under 10k one has a bearing out on the rh main clutch shaft the other has a bearing out on the accelerator rolls one of them is missing a chopper clutch august wieser rosholt, sd venturis40@venturecomm.net

kw

We did an N5 last harvest with a used 8.3 cummins ($4500)and had probably around $7000 in it doing all the work ourselves, and buying the install kit and directions from David Moeller aka hyperharvest II. He has a fairly straighforward kit to do it, and we too looked into the N7 motor, but to do it right you really need to have the entire rear portion of the 7. The radiator is larger, and I believe the frame rails are different also, and some other things as well, The main drive sheave on the 7 is different also as the motor runs slower, and it is a 4 groove belt instead of 3 (maybe some of this is the same on your 6, it was not on our 5). David also said the 7 motor, while a very good one is very thirsty compared to the cummins. Hope this helps Kirk

PETE

This might be a dumb question but where does one look for a used Cummins and what do these motors come out ofIJ Inquiring minds need to know, Pete Hinrichsen

venturis40

extreme northeast south dakota am considering going to one combine instead of 2

kw

We are in central Iowa and started calling salvage yards, and ended up going to Indiana to find a good farily low houred one. They would have shipped fairly reasonable, but we were in a bit of a hurry. Came out of a Massey rotary. kirk

PETE

What part of central Ia are you fromIJ I am in eastern Ia (Clinton) next to the Mississippi river. I lived in N central Ia (Britt,Forest City and Charles City) for a few years. Not too many Gleaners in these parts any more, only one dealer close (Maquoketa) and he sold allot of conventionals but not many rotaries. Over the last few years I have been able to impress a number of Red and Green guys with my "Hyperized" N6 with it's capacity and grain sample and how heavily built it is compared to the other colors. Thanks again to all the Gleaner Guru's who have made an excellent machine OUTSTANDING!

NDDan

Had a guy with R6 that wanted me to install N7 or R7 engine setup. It was getting high time to overhaul R6 anyway. I searched high and low and couldn't find him a complete radiator to PTO setup. I found lots of supposedly good N6 engines and could have one or two spares for what they would get for N7 setup. He and we desided to overhaul R6 and give the pump an extra 10%. We figured with that he has a known good engine that will likly outlive the machine. A used engine can be anyones guess especially if it come from a combine. We tuned up his processer to flow straw at the same time and he ended up with much more machine than he was used to. Good luck

kw

Sorry been gone for a few days. We are at Garwin about half way between Marshalltown ant Toledo. We have a good dealer in Marshalltown that sells quite a few Gleaners and a few yellow POS for some reason. Kirk