Combines How comeIJIJIJIJIJ

tbran

What height do you needIJ With turret and roll out std. , especially with the long spout we have not really had any complaints. We have run in the field with all brands. Is it rough ground or do you have semis or grain buggys that tall. The roll out auger with opt plug and spout gets really tall. I have not measured it exactly but believe it to be close to 15'IJ. This with the long spout does fine in our area even with 30' heads.

silver_tech

Maybe but put a 36' or a 42' Honeybee on, we need to be longer (which I should have stated) which in turn makes it taller. Agco says no because of OSHA

johnboy

This is the answer a chief AGCO engineer gave a few years ago when asked the same question at a combine school. "When the unloading tube swings out just before it drops into the unload position it is at the legal height restrictions" If this was the case I'm sure some of the new combines must be breaking them with their unloading height.

tbran

Both augers can be extended, swivel and turret.IJ. Will take aftermarket help. Be careful as the roll out will be tall, might show up on the homeland defense radarIJ We have several turret augers out now. Work great but they do have increased wear in the vertical auger area. We now know what the others do about turrets. We have and option, pick and choose.

R_O_M

We have gas powder faced some of our bin augers [ combine and non combine] with wear resistant hard facing material on the outer 1_3 radius of the auger flights. Makes a huge difference like tripling wear life on the flights. Might be very good for the vertical turret auger flights. Good warm job for you north American Gleaner guys during your kind of winters that boggle our imagination here in Oz. Cheers.

tbran

Well here in Tn. USA we had 70 degree F one day and 12 degree F the next. One does not know whether to wear shorts or insulated undies from one day to the next. The wildest thing we have encountered is 4"-6" of sleet and ice a couple of weeks ago. Sliiiiick We used to have a shop that put on 1_4" thick band of 1" hardened material over the outside edge of the flight.. Wears real well. However they went belly up, tww partners split and really hurt us in the process. Any of you guys out there know of a alternate source for this in the W Ky WTn areaIJ

John

I too wonder how guys with the 42' Honeybee can dump. What are they going to come up with if the talked about but yet to be seen R85 comes with a 16 row corn head to compete with the new CatIJ Will it be turret auger onlyIJ

R72

I run 42 feet on my R72's and I dump on the go with no problem. Colin